Master's Thesis Projects (Exjobb) in Computer Vision
If you are interested in a master thesis project within the field of Computer Vision, there are several options:
- Do a project at the Computer Vision Laboratory.
Some project proposals are listed here: Master thesis project proposals.
If you already have an idea you can also contact one of the examiners at CVL directly, see list of examiners below.
- We also maintain a list of proposals defined by external
These are found on the same page: Master Thesis project proposals.
- You can also directly contact companies/organisations which
do not have any proposals listed here and see if there are any
new proposals coming up.
A list of suitable companies/organisations is found here: Computer Vision oriented companies/organisations
If you have tried these possibilities and still not found any interesting project, you can also directly contact one of the examiners at CVL, see list of examiners below.
Assignment of examiner and internal supervisor
All masters theses should have an examiner, and at least one supervisor, see Masters thesis information at ISY.
List of examiners for Master's theses in Computer Vision:
Assignment of examiner is made after you contact an examiner (you will not necessarily get the one you contact). When contacting an examiner, you should provide the following information:
- Your name and personal number (we need to check your qualifications in Ladok).
- Name of company and email to contact person (for external Master's projects).
- Project description.
Finding an opponent
If you are doing your masters in Visual Computing (Swedish: Signal och Bildbehandling) you may find an opponent or a project to oppose on using this GIT-page:
Forum for finding an opponent
If you want to add or remove yourself in the list, first clone it, then edit, then commit, then push the change.
Doing a presentation in Swedish
It is common that students write their thesis in English, but want to do the presentation in Swedish. To make this easier, we have provided a list of translations of common computer vision terms.
- English to Swedish translations for Computer Vision (in Swedish).
- Swedish Optical Terminology (in Swedish).
Other information sources
- Regulations regarding Master's thesis projects are defined in Studieinfo.
- Additional regulation and practical information for Master's thesis projects at ISY.
- An attendance form for Master's thesis presentations (Framläggnigsblankett).
- Publishing your student thesis page from Electronic Press.
- It is recommended that the defence is announced one week in advance, on the vision-seminars mailing list. List subscribers can do this by sending an e-mail to: vision-seminars.isy AT lists.liu.se.
- Slides from seminar on report writing in TSBB11, October 2018 (only in Swedish):
- Automatic grammar checking tools for the English language are highly recommented. One such tool is Grammarly.
- Help with writing in English can also be had from Academic English Support at IKK.
Senast uppdaterad: 2021-06-02