Reading Group in Computer and Robot Vision
- The purpose of this reading group is to provide an overview of the rapidly evolving computer vision literature. We meet once a week to discuss an article that all participants should read before the seminar.
- All participants are welcome to suggest, and present articles of their choosing. The theme for articles should be computer and robot vision, with emphasis on new, high-impact conference papers (e.g. from ICCV, CVPR, RSS, or ECCV). To make best use of time, you may consider choosing an article that relates to your work, that you presumably would read anyway. If the article is well written that is also a plus.
You have the option to attend the seminars as part of a PhD course. You will get one 1hp for each time you present a paper, and participate in another three seminars. If you want to go for the PhD course option, let me know in advance by sending me an email with you personal number, so I can register your attendance.
Meeting room: Visionen, Stora Konf.rummet, Campus Valla, Building B.
Time: Thursdays at 10.00-11.00.
E-mail list: Upcoming articles are announced on the mailing list vision-seminars.
- The article club has a summer break. We will start again in August.
- Have a look at e.g. the following proceedings: CVPR'17, ECCV'16, ICCV'17, NIPS'17, SIGGRAPH'17, RSS'2017, ACCV'17. Some old, unused suggestions are listed below.
- C. Chen et al. R-CNN for Small Object Detection, MERL technical report [PDF] SD170531
Paper log spring 2018
- January 17: Mikael Persson: M. Raghu, J. Gilmer, J, Yosinski, J. Sol-Dickstein, SVCCA: Singular Vector Canonical Correlation Analysis for Deep Learning Dynamics and Interpretability, NIPS17 [PDF]
- January 24: Amanda Berg: Tero Karras et al., Progressive Growing of GANs for Improved Quality, Stability, and Variation, Submitted [PDF]
- January 31: Felix Järemo Lawin: D. Silver et al., Mastering the game of Go without human knowledge, Nature 2017 [PDF]
- February 14: Abdo: Shumeet Baluja, Hiding Images in Plain Sight: Deep Steganography, NIPS'17 [paper]
- April 19: Bertil Grelson: J. Schönberger et al., Semantic Visual Localization, CVPR18 [PDF] [author homepage] (with e.g. supplementary)
- May 31: Felix Järemo Lawin: Shuochen Su et al. Deep End-to-End Time-of-Flight Imaging, CVPR 2018 [project page] [PDF]
- June 13 13.00-14: Gustav presents: A. Ranjan et al. Adversarial Collaboration: Joint Unsupervised Learning of Depth, Camera Motion, Optical Flow and Motion Segmentation,ArXiV preprint [PDF] [GIT]
Old paper logs
Senast uppdaterad: 2018-06-14