Object Pose Estimation Database
This database contains 16 objects, each sampled at 5 o angle increments along two rotational axes. All objects are available both with a black background, and with a cluttered background. Some of the objects are available in different lighting conditions (left, right, ambient). The montage below shows one view each for the objects.
The image below shows a subset of the available views.
Take me to the datasets
If you use this database in a publication, you should reference the paper:
F. Viksten, P.-E. Forssén, B. Johansson, and A. Moe. Comparison of Local Image Descriptors for Full 6 Degree-of-Freedom Pose Estimation . IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation , May 2009. [ BibTeX ].
Other Related PublicationsIf you use this dataset and want to have your publication listed here, please drop us a note at
- F. Viksten and R. Söderberg and K. Nordberg and C. Perwass, Increasing Pose Estimation Performance using Multi-cue Integration ICRA 2006
- P-E. Forssén and A. Moe, Autonomous Learning of Object Appearances using Colour Contour Frames CRV 2006
- B. Johansson and A. Moe, Patch-Duplets for Object Recognition and Pose Estimation CRV 2005
- R. Söderberg, K. Nordberg, G.H. Granlund, An Invariant and Compact Representation for Unrestricted Pose Estimation IbPRIA 2005
- F. Viksten, A. Moe, Local Single-Patch Features for Pose Estimation Using the Log-Polar Transform IbPRIA 2005
- G.H. Granlund, A. Moe, Unrestricted Recognition of 3-D Objects for Robotics Using Multi-Level Triplet Invariants AI Magazine 2004
Last updated: 2020-12-10